Model 80 Standard Metal Detector
The Model 80 Metal Detector is a highly sensitive Inspection System capable of reliably detecting very small particles of terrous and non-ferrous metals. The unit is designed to perform completely unattended inspection of a wide range of Food and General Industrial products and raw materials.
Wet Or Dry Product The Model 80 can be easily set to operate on dry or wet product. With the product control, or switch, in the dry position it operates on the conductive component of unwanted metal. With the control in the wet position it operates on the reactive component of the metal and ignores the conductivity of meat, fresh bread, fruit cakes etc.
Construction Housings are made from 6mm Aluminium Plate, etched with a baked enamel top coat, or 3mm 316 Stainless Steel. Conveyors are made from 304 Stainless Steel.
Control Unit Setting up procedures are extremely simple. Just adjust the sensitivity and product controls for your particular product. The control unit is constructed from high reliability components operating at low temperatures for long life. Minimum use of plugs and sockets result in high reliability while still permitting rapid field service if necessary. The control unit is housed in an enclosure which can be part of the search head or remote from it. The enclosure is dust and waterproof. IP 65 rated enclosures are available.
Search Heads Wrap around search coils within each head produce even sensitivity throughout the aperture. The search head does not require adjustment of any kind. It is fully encapsulated and is dust and waterproof. Automatic circuits compensate for any changes in the search head due to temperature. Polypropylene liners are available for corrosive products.
Aperture Sizes from 30mm x 20mm to 3,000mm x 50mm or 1,000mm x 1,000mm. Units are built to suit customers requirements.
Sensitivity The search heads and the electronics are designed for maximum sensitivity to non magnetic stainless steel and mild steel.
1. Pulsing Mode. On detection of metal warning lights and alarms operate immediately. The delay timer starts operating and at the end of the delay time various relay outputs change state. The operate timer then starts timing and at the end of the operate time the various relay outputs revert to their original state. Warning lights and alarms are automatically reset at the same time.
2. Latching Mode. On detection of metal warning lights and alarms operate immediately. Relay outputs also immediately change state. Depressing the reset switch resets alarms, light and relays.
Model 90 Metal Detector
The Model 90 Metal Detector is a simple, rugged instrument for detecting Tramp metal in mineral ores, coal, timber, etc., as they are carried on a belt conveyor. A Detection Systems Model 90 Metal Detector protects your conveyor belting and crushing plant against damage due to Tramp metal.
Features Multiple Coil Search Head results in constant sensitivity throughout the burden. Reliable detection of all types of Tramp metal, even when buried in magnetic or conductive ore. Operation on steel-cored conveyor belting when equipped with a Splice Detector. Simple Installation and Servicing. High degree of sensitivity and stability. Low operating frequency for reliable operation on wet or conductive ores.
Construction Units are made from 5.0 & 6.5mm mild steel plate. All metal work is first sandblasted, then Epoxy undercoated, and finally given an epoxy enamel top coat. One End Plate is removable for ease of installation.
Control Unit The single, large printed Circuit Board is housed in a hose & dust-proof steel cabinet. The Electronic Control Unit is constructed from high reliability components operating at low temperatures for long life. Minimum use of plugs and connectors results in high reliability while still permitting rapid field service. Automatic circuits compensate for any changes in the Search Head due to temperature. Electronic conversion kits are available for upgrading the performance of Metal Detectors of other manufacturers. Check with our factory.
Operation On detection of metal, the detection light comes on and a set of relay contacts drop out, stopping the conveyor. At the same time, the metal marker drops an amount of bright yellow granules onto the ore indicating the position of the metal. The Metal Detector is reset by depressing the Reset button on the machine. Alternatively, a remote Reset switch may be used.
Ancillary Equipment – Splice Detector Model 90 S.D.
This unit enables the metal detector to reliably detect metal in ore being carried by a steel cored conveyor belt. The unit consists of a small sensing head and a control card which plugs into the standard metal detector control card.
- Large pieces of metal are still detectable even if located over a splice.
- Simple installation & operation.
- Sensitivity of metal detector while splice is passing through is adjustable by means of a separate front panel control.
- Unit automatically tracks both vertical and horizontal belt wander.
- Reliable operation in extreme environments.
Metal Marker Model 90mm
When metal is detected by the metal detector this unit drops bright yellow granules on to the ore indicating the position of the Tramp metal.
- Fully adjustable electronic delay & operate timers permit precise adjustment of the amount and position of each mark. Unit can be bolted to conveyor track at any suitable point down stream from the detector.
- Universal mounting makes for ease of installation and refilling on inclined conveyor belts.
- Marker rotates through 90 degrees for refilling while belt is in motion.
- Large hopper holds sufficient material for more than 100 marks.
- Dual operating solenoids for reliable operation.
- Simple, rugged reliable construction.